Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Black and White-Geo Print

I am sure that most of you have seen that Black and White continues to be a huge trend, even on the runways of New York Fashion Week for Spring 2014! If you have not already embraced the trend you should try it, because clearly it is here to stay for a little while and it is super easy.

Today, I am showing you a really simple way to dress in this trend, I started with a geometric print pair of pants that my parents picked up for me while on their European Holiday! You might notice this is the second item of clothing I am saying this about (see Members Only Jacket post), so really it was my mom doing the picking out and my dad doing the paying for, but you can see the my mom has excellent fashion taste!! I then paired the pants with a color block, black and white sheer button-up (Forever 21). I chose to not go with a cami under, this is not something I normally do, but because the lower half of the blouse was black and I was wearing a black bra it was hard to really see all the way through and I felt it was tasteful enough. I like the showing of a bra under a sheer top when done right, best bet here is go with darker colors, and match the bra to the color of the top. I accessorized my look with my gold bottom, black heels (Enzo Angiolini), my skinny gold belt and black/gold jewelry. Lastly, I chose to go with a fab red lipstick (Nars-Jungle Red)....I feel black and white just screams for a pop of RED!!

It is Day 9 of my Necklace Challenge!! Today I chose a black and gold, art deco inspired necklace (Forever 21) that I wore on the top of my collar, so that the necklace stood out more. I have never really been able to do the bib necklace thing because for me buttoning that top button just really drive me nuts (I don't know why, I love the look on other people but hate it on me), so this is my play on that idea.

How can you rock the black and white?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment